28.9.13

DIY Gel nails.

 First of all i'll start with an apology for neglecting my blog :( 

If you have Firefox you may of been having some issues with Blogger like i have! It stopped me posting for a while and with moving back to birmingham for uni i have been non stop for about a month! But i promise to start posting regular again as i have no excuse! 

anyway MOVING ON...
 If you have discusting stubby chewwed nails and man hands like me, this post is for you!

 I was originally spending £30 a month getting acrylic nails just so my hands would look presentable but then i became a broke student WAH.

so for the last two years i've just been putting up with them. 

Then me and friend emma were out shopping and came across this product! 

 Nailene ULTRA QUICK brush on gel kit, Superdrug £12

You get two sets of nails
, french and clear. We thought it was deffinately worth giving a go for that price!  

 Heres a step by step on how we applied these gel nails.

WARNING:  The instructions werent very clear so it was half guess work!


 Buff the nail so it had a rough surface.


 Brush on the back of the nail that fits your finger with some of the Ultra quick Brush-on Gel Overlay.
 

 Hold down for a while so it sets nicely.


 brush on the Ultra quick Gel Activator so its blends into your natural nail


 file down the false nail into your own nail to make it look natural.


 Brush on a top layer of the Ultra quick Brush-on Gel Overlay and leave to dry.

 

TA DAA! 

These were the finished look! Not too bad for saying it was a first attempt! 

i will warn you that it did smell a bit so doing it somewhere quite open is ideal. I did it in my garden but it was nice weather for a change so i didnt mind.

Thanks for reading my post and let me know what you think if you decide to give this product a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment