11.8.13

My weightloss journey so far.


I think we all remember the first time we step on them scales and to our horror do not see what we expect to see. In that moment you either choose to ignore it, or do something about it. I had come back home from uni to my parents house for the weekend as i hadn’t seen them in a couple of months. I was unpacking a few things when i seen my mum’s scales so i jumped on them. I've never felt so disgusted with myself for letting myself get that way. I couldn’t believe the number i was seeing, so i knew it was time to do something about it!

My whole family are massive foodies and i am the biggest of the lot! I love creating recipes (as you could guess from my instagram) and experimenting, plus i love cooking for family and friends as i think it’s a good social event to invite everyone round to enjoy something you’ve cooked from scratch! But i knew that i had to lose this weight, so i went downstairs straight away and told my mum and dad how my i weighed and that i really needed to lose it because i was becoming really unhealthy. They were shocked too and since then have helped me by always getting the healthier options and doing exercise with me.

So the first thing i did was download this app i had hear about called 'fitness pal'. it’s an app that works out the amount of calories you need to be consuming daily to have a weight loss. It then has a huge list of foods from take away foods, branded foods or just ingredients with the weight and amount of calories. I started that in March and did it for about three-four months. I lost 1 stone 5 pounds which i was happy with as doing it slowly is always a good thing. My attitude was as long as it’s coming off i’m happy! I was also doing aqua aerobics twice a week, biking to uni everyday, plus my job was a food runner so i was constantly on the move with that.

But like everything you start to get a bit fed up with it and the motivation starts to fall. I had a few weeks were i lost interest and my weight was staying the same. I thought to myself, either give up and waste all the hard work you put into it or change what you’re doing.

That’s when i joined slimming world! 

"Slimming World's eating plan is based on the science of satiety (the satisfying qualities of food) and energy density. Foods that satisfy the appetite and are low in energy density, such as fruit and vegetables, pasta, potatoes, fish and lean meat, are called 'Free Foods' and can be eaten without weighing, counting or measuring. Foods which are often banned on other weight-loss plans, are allowed within Food Optimising, and these are controlled by a "Syns" counting system.-" Wikipedia

I absolutely love it and find it so bizarre because i really don’t feel like i’m on a diet. You really can adapt it your life so easily and the results are really great! I go to a meeting with my mum every week to weigh in and all the ladies their discuss there weekly results and how they're finding it. Without the meetings i wouldn’t have half the motivation i do and it’s more like a social event! I don’t think i couldn’t no do it now because it’s so easy! I really do recommend it! I've done it for 5 weeks now and lost 10 pound.

 My progress before and after on the slimmingworld diet.

 So now you’re all up to date with my weight loss journey so far! 2 stone isn’t a massive amount no, but i feel so much better in my own skin. I'm so happy and proud of myself for sticking to it but I’ve still got a long way to go! This is why I’ve started this blog. I will be doing posts about weight loss and my weekly creations but i also want to do posts on makeup, hair and how to flatter your figures no matter your age or size! I’m a size 14 at the minute but i have been an 18 in the past so I’ve always had to work with what I’ve got no matter my size being a 20 year old!

hope you all enjoy my blog and please let me know your feedback, what you think or even just a hello in the comments below! :)

Take care and lots of love! x



No comments:

Post a Comment